Monday, March 23, 2015

Featured autograph - Courtney Hawkins

Hawkins still has holes in his swing but with his power potential, should find himself in the major leagues eventually - the outfielder had a fine spring with the Chicago White Sox and things maybe looking up.

I wasn't sure about his signing habits but I had assorted prospect cards and a Future Stars 8x10 print I bought several years ago - so I was hoping to get at least the picture signed and maybe a few cards signed when I got out to Arizona for several days.

Hawkins was actually 'one per' guy, where he only signed one thing for a person at a time, but was actually cordial - he made sure to sign for anyone who wanted his autograph at Sox camp going out and coming back from practice.

It doesn't change things from a autograph collector's perspective but I guess 'one per' is just how Hawkins rolls - when he was signing, he asked another collector if he was going to be around and told him that he'd sign more for him then as opposed to signing more than just one card at the particular moment.

No comments: