Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Showing off some card show stuff #2


To bide my time, I was rummaging through this couple’s table where the I'd overheard the husband say at previous shows he's looking get rid of his cards- the table might have some interesting loose singles to dig for and the person usually offers a discount if at least a couple of cards are purchased.


I might have finally bit on a $5 [off-grade, off-centered vintage card of an all-time fan favorite] but was just kind of idle and looking closer
- realized the card has a crease down the middle where the eye appeal wasn't there.

I had second thoughts where I really wanted the card - but had to pivot towards finding others.

2005 Upper Deck Justin Verlander RC #430 [$5] - it depends on what I may actually find, but I maybe on the hunt for loose, low end rookies of star players with significant playing careers.

2003 Fleer E-X X-Tra Innings Ichiro 1 of 10XI [$5] - this might be a type of insert I might have pulled back in the day and say, ‘meh’ where it’s not really a hit in my book, especially out a $6 pack, but the die-cut design and the use of black color scheme makes this card stand out.

I was going to get those two [for $8], but just make it an even $10 - the seller had me grab a 2019 Topps Chrome 1984 Ichiro 84TC-14, which was fine by me.

No comments: