Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Featured autograph - Tommy Gregg

At times I try to find about the signing habits of players and coaches to at least account for guys with certain quirks - from players / coaches with limits [i.e. maybe signing one or two cards at a time] to guys who won't sign certain cards for whatever reason.

The thing I learned about Gregg is he will not sign Atlanta Braves cards - I was really hoping to get my lone card of his signed during my Arizona Fall League trip, but since it's a Braves card, so I didn't even bother.

Just just to say I got him though, I had Gregg sign a 2012 Topps Heritage Kansas City Royals team card - since he is the hitting coach for their AAA team in Omaha.

Gregg's Major League cards picturing him in a uniform other than the Braves - include his 1988 Donruss #203 and 1988 Score Traded #69T.

He also has a 1988 Fleer Update #U-113 - maybe Gregg won't sign a Braves card, but he'll sign one of his cards that pictures someone else.

Though Fleer did have the correct picture for Gregg in the 1989 Fleer set as shown above - cue the semi-racial remark about how stupid Fleer was to put a picture of a black player on a card of a white guy.

No comments: