Monday, January 10, 2022

A look into my collecting goals for 2022

I have a yearly set of collecting goals, but maybe it gets too long winded to fully break down on a blog - I feel like a goof when I don't catch up to any of them and so maybe it is easier to keep them offline.

The least I could really do is see if I can put one or maybe a couple things I kind of want to do for the current year - there might have been a pre-pandemic build up as far as my personal collections where it served as my collecting centerpiece regardless of the rest of my interests.

With my PCs, I've been content to let them sit where they are kind of neglected - maybe I feel like there is an idea I've done what I can with them and it's not like I'm going to be keeping up in trying to find new additions.

Goals for 2022 #1 - putting more time into PCs - rounding up loose pick ups from at least the past couple of years, making them official, straightening things out and beefing up my personal collections with 10-15 cards. 

Ultimately it might be a case where it's mostly about focusing on what I have and what I haven't accounted for - maybe I'm fine with adding what I'd consider 'complimentary' cards rather than true PC cards, where I've gotten away from thoughts of any serious additions to my PCs. 

I'd be happy if I found 1 home run card where there is some stature and value while generally still being attainable for an average collector - but with the funny business that has gone on for the past couple of years, that ship may have sailed for good.

Goals for 2022 #2 - putting more time into A-Z singles collections - rounding up loose pick ups from at least the past couple of years, making them official, straightening things out and beefing up my A-Z singles material with 20-25 cards, where the collection serves as the pipeline for my next PC cards.

I don't know if I ever was able to revamp my A-Z singles collections, even before the pandemic - I just had these random mix of cards that may or may not have some value, but the biggest aspect is the idea I'm a collector for better or for worse, where maybe I sit on things rather than looking to flip.

Maybe I have to keep track of things better - that might mean making sure in addition to having a better idea of cards that may go into my personal collections, there is a better idea of cards that I might be able to sell off when I need to.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Finding your home run card might be possible, people still make mistakes when pricing things. To err is human, and all that jazz.