Monday, August 15, 2022

TTM autograph received: Todd Greene

The former big league catcher signed my cards in about a month - Greene might be another scratched off my 'mythical' TTM back log where there is a never ending list of guys who have signed in the mail for others.

I'm probably not as dedicated in systematically sending out unsigned cards to see if I can get ink on them - to feel like I'm still doing something to get some cheap thrills back in the mail box, I am up for sending to random subjects here and there.

I don't know remember if Greene was ever hyped up as a top prospect, but as a catcher, he put up big slugging numbers in the Angels' minor league system through the mid 1990s - he showed some power potential as a stocky righthanded hitter, but was never really able to establish himself longterm with the Angels and ended up being backup catcher for five other teams in an 11-year big league career.

No comments: