Thursday, December 13, 2007

Card orgy of boxes to rip - there is always an itch to rip, looking for something something new, something shiny, something interesting, something sorta old, something that takes me back.

Products I am interested in [guestimated prices]:
1992 Fleer Ultra [$12] - crappy cards now, great when they first came out.
1993 Donruss [$12] - you think these cards aren't worth much now, but they were pretty for base cards back in December 1992.
2007 Bowman Draft [$60] - maybe the box to get every year, no matter what else is on the list.
2007 Donruss Elite Extra Edition [$90?] - if not going for a full box, consider getting singles of 'key' players.
2007 Fleer Ultra SE [$40] - five hits per box, though it may only be $2 jersey cards and a scrub autograph.
2006 Fleer Showcase [$40] - its Upper Deck, but its sort of a premium brand from Upper Deck.
1995 Upper Deck SP [$30] - a sort of a premium brand from Upper Deck of mid 1990s.
1996 Upper Deck SP [$30] - its Upper Deck, but its sort of a premium brand from Upper Deck.
2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces [$20] - a blaster maybe fine, captures the greatest moments in baseball's past.
2007 Upper Deck SP Rookie Edition [$52] - I bought a Ryan Braun autograph from the product, but want more of the base cards.

Checking up Dave and Adams' auctions on EBay, maybe picking up these factory sets resonate more with me.

A random Topps factory set from the last several years i.e. 2005 [$18-$25] at D&A - you get a full set with bonus cards for about the price of a blaster box.
1990 Score [$4.95] - my first factory set way back in the day. I remember picking it up [probably parents bought it for me at a Target] along with some non related, but somewhat stimulating pin-up poster.
1991 Score [$6.95] - I guess I'm not really ashamed to say this because its been so long, but the key pulls for me was the Jose Canseco Dream Team card and also a Jeromy Burnitz draft pick rookie card.
1992 Donruss [$6.95] - when I first got a hold of these cards, I thought this release would be a landmark card set. Maybe its because Donruss released a crappy 1991 set, while still focusing on its better efforts in its Leaf product. Going through the initial packs of these cards, even commons [like Randy Johnson's] card had a premium feel to it - making it feel it was worth more than it truly was ever going to be fresh from the pack.The Diamond Kings inserts later would be an attractive pull.
1992 Fleer [$7.95] - I remember racks of this along with Topps on the shelves at Target, when their card section was not close to the counter. The regular cards, with their green tinted borders/graphics were kind of boring compared to the Donruss, but they don't look so bad [only to me perhaps] now. I guess I remember chasing the Roger Clemens insert cards, but also the Team Leaders subsets. I think those were the only ones I have ever gotten - though there was Rookie Sensations insert and a black bordered All-Star inserts.
1992 Topps Stadium Club Dome [$4.95] - Manny Ramirez and Shawn Green rookie cards; probably worth a buck or two now.

No comments: