Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Some random vintage cards

I was at one of the local card shows and just to look around, finally stumbled back to the seller I've bought cards from before - I ended up picking these random 1960 Topps cards impulsively and also a 1955 Topps card.
I grabbed a Ray Boone card because I may have only one card [a Topps Archives reprint of his 1954 card] that was autographed through the mail [before he passed away in 2004] - he was the father of former big league catcher [Bob] and his grandsons [Bret and Aaron] who also former big leaguers, so it's fun having a bloodlines collection of the Boone baseball family.

I grabbed a Gary Peters because he was the American League Rookie of the Year in 1963 - his card fills a hole in my award winners collection.

I grabbed a Ed Sadowski card because it has him in his catcher's gear - if nothing else, I'm looking for some sort of reason to make loose cards keepers and an off-grade vintage card for my tools of ignorance collection is just the thing that hits the spot, when I'm not sure what I may find.

I grabbed a Don Mossi because he's a baseball card cult favorite - I realized I may have gotten another off-condition copy of this card and got it signed through the mail [before Mossi passed away in 2019], so I guess I have one autographed copy and a copy that is au naturel.

Maybe my biggest splurge was picking up the Camilo Pascual card, which actually is his rookie - he had a star run for the Washington Senators / Minnesota Twins through his late 20s and was a 7-time All-Star.

2 comments:

Bo said...

Great background on the Sadowski card.

Jon said...

Blog folks sure do like old Don Mossi, don't they?