Thursday, April 28, 2022

TTM autograph received: Gary Peters

I sent a 1960 Topps card to Peters and he signed my card in about three weeks - only after I'd sent the card did I realize there might not be an ideal place for an autograph with the dark area on the main player image and the design elements i.e. name plate cluttering things up.

When I got the card back, the autograph was signed on the inset photo, which really clinched how trying to get this card signed wasn't such a great idea - I looked at similar cards online to see if there were others signed like mine and go figure, I wouldn't have realized the dominant image on the card features another player [J.C. Martin] and what I had in hand was an uncorrected error.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Oh well, at least he still signed it. And it's definitely different, so you've got that going for you.