Saturday, May 31, 2014

Oscar Taveras find

In his long awaited MLB debut, the top prospect's first MLB hit was a home run - I think I got his autograph in-person on a dummy card in the Arizona Fall League in 2011, but was too busy trying to chase after Bryce Harper and Mike Trout to care about the then 'little known' prospect from the Dominican Republic.

He broke out in 2010, but had even a bigger season in 2011 - maybe it was the a lack of 'mainstream cards' that kept me from focusing on Taveras as someone to be serious about getting when I had the chance to do so.

In 2012, I was digging through an assorted dollar box and found a 2012 blue Bowman Chrome parallel to get autographed in-person - if I have the chance, I'm probably going to hold off on that now, since he's had his share of assorted prospect cards.

No comments: