Saturday, June 14, 2014

Albert Pujols - stuck in a rut

Watching his numbers sink of the past two months has been painful - it's like every at-bat is a ground ball out to the left side of the infield.

He hasn't been able to hit with any authority and while I thought he was going to build upon a pretty good start - he hasn't been able to get on good, sustained run.

Teammate Mike Trout went through a slump but I guess he's 22 and it's easier for him bounce back - I don't expect Pujols to hit like when he was in his prime, but it's been torture looking at Angels box scores with him doing little or nothing at all.

Maybe if he puts together a string of good games, he gets back to on track towards a decent season - but is this how it's going to be every year he is in an Angels uniform?

As I superficial as I sound, I don't want to be rooting for an 'all-or-nothing' has been - I don't want this supposed superstar put up garbage stats for the team I follow.

1 comment:

Hackenbush said...

I respect the man and his achievements and I feel your pain but don't the Cardinals brass look smart about now?