Monday, July 11, 2022

2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary finds

I stumbled upon a table with monster boxes of assorted cards and I started digging through the baseball portion because I started to find cards from the 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary set - reading up, the product might have just been released [despite being dated to 2021] as a 700-card set with active and retired players, using the 1952 Topps design.

I tried grabbing all the better players as much as I could [notably any retired legends / Hall of Famers and/or even a few non-HOF fan favorites] - while trying to leave the cards of some of the 'iffier' players in my book.

It might not be a coup, but ending up with just a little over 70 cards from this newish set has me feeling like I really did something - where I can use the fresh cards for binder material, even if it's the basic cards as opposed to parallels.

No comments: