Monday, July 18, 2022

Out of the depths of the quarter boxes - oddballs

Off a card show brick or two I piled together, I wanted to build a micro-mini run of so-called oddball cards - I don't really think I've actively collected these types of cards, but mostly inspired by other card blogs, maybe I want to add a wrinkle where I look for something that seems a little different than the usual.

While these cards represent the 'fun and games' aspect of collecting - maybe I'm trying to be pickier, where I'll try to stick to what I consider 'mainstream oddballs,' where it's cards usually printed by a major card company and/or issues that feature full licensing, rather than a case where team logos are scrubbed off.

1992 Sportflics Kellogg's Corn Flakes All Stars Tony Perez #2 - I picked this up sealed and even if it's one visible card, there is nothing like ripping into a baseball card pack.
2002 Topps Post Mike Piazza #4 - this one-card pack had already been opened, but it looks like the card is still in decent shape, so it was a keeper.

1 comment:

Jon said...

I've really come to like the various playing card sets in recent years. I don't recall ever seeing any of them when they were new, and even if I had, I probably wouldn't have collected them back in the 90's. Thankfully, they seem to be plentiful, and cheap, at shows and online.