Monday, July 12, 2021

A random card show pickup - Shohei Ohtani

At a random table off a card show I went to a couple of weeks ago, I leafed through a stack of Ohtani cards and relented to spend $15 for a 2018 Topps Shohei Ohtani Fire Flame variation [?] - I could be mistaken, but the card looks a little shinier than the base version, so I figured why not?

If nothing else, maybe a bit of FOMO reaction on the hype he has generated this season - there is something about seeing him being pushed through the fire, where he is competiting in the MLB Home Run Derby, penciled into the starting lineup as a DH for the American League All-Stars and also serving as the starting pitcher.

I'd be curious to see if there is any 'let up' just because of his schedule on the baseball field - but Ohtani has proven that he's been up to the challenge, where he is going to push himself to the limit.

1 comment:

Fuji said...

I totally understand the FOMO thing. I'll usually try to get at least one rookie card of a player who is doing well.