Sunday, July 06, 2008

Featured player: Kevin Mitchell [and Schottzie?] 1994 Upper Deck SP card #160 - Mitchell looks as if he is enjoying a tender moment with the dog of Marge Schott, one of the most infamous owners of professional sports teams in history.

Hopefully the dog didn't suffer the same fate - as Mitchell's girlfriend's cat back in 1986.

Besides supposedly lopping off a cat's head - Mitchell won the 1989 National League MVP with 47 home runs and 125 RBIs.

One of the things I like to do is scour through common bins looking for cards like the Mitchell pictured - I might not find any of the 'has been' hits out of a pack break, but I'm actively looking for cards, instead of doing this 'faux pack break,' where I'm supposed to be excited, leafing through a pack of cards I wouldn't have bought five, 10 or 15 years ago.

1 comment:

Wax Heaven said...

Nice card and blog. I am a closet Mitchell fan...