Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Autograph requests sent

I sent out to David Holmberg c/o Cincinnati Reds [spring training], Jacob Turner c/o Miami Marlins [spring training] and Wade Boggs [retired] - I'd rather focus on the occasional in-person autograph opportunity I may get, than take the time to put together autograph requests when many more active players seem to hoard their mail.

I like getting something in the mail as far as a SASE with the card(s) I sent to a player - but even if a player gets to responding to all the requests sent to him at some unspecified time in the future, it's a snail's pace to get something back, even for non-stars.

I'll let the guys who don't live relatively close to a MLB stadium enjoy their Josh Hamilton or Clayton Kershaw TTM successes - I'm worried more about getting back the rank-and-file I might end up sending to in a relatively reasonable amount of time.

No comments: